So this is the final result of the game??? All made in C? This is freaking epic!! Im currently studying coding, only starting in May though, so I thought that Ill give out a try to some game designing and man! What fun this is! Thx man!
Break Arcade Games Out (Open Source)
A downloadable game with source code for Windows
What if Breakout was the only arcade game people could make?
Modern take on an older game
Enjoy the classic arcade game Breakout with vibrant colors, modern but nostalgic music, tight controls, screenshakes, crazy animations and lots of particles.
Break Arcade Games Out
Play several other arcade games as if they all had to be based on Breakout!
Experience gameplay surprises and changes based on each arcade game.
Play arcade games you know in a new way!
Check out Breakout Space Invaders!
What about Breakout Tetris?
And Breakout Pong!
Open Source Development
This game was created during live streams, so you can watch the whole development process, from scratch!
Check out the recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DanZaidan
You can also download the Source code and play around with it! The game and its engine were written using the C language.
I have also created development highlights for people who just want to see the best movements of the live streams!
- ENTIRELY FREE GAME!
- Familiar gameplay applied to crazy situations
- Different arcade games give a nice variety to the base Breakout gameplay
- Special dedication on the game's feel: nice movement, animation, particles, colors, sounds and more!
- Open source code! Download the game's code to learn, play around and make your own games!
- Watch the entire development! The whole game was developed during live streams, so you can watch all the decisions, thoughts, doubts and progress!
I hope you like it! :D
This license is supposed to be as permissive as possible. So attribution is not required, but appreciated. A donation is also appreciated :) .
This software is dual-licensed to the public domain and under the following license: you are granted a perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, modify, publish, and distribute the software and its source code as you see fit.
The software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express of implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfrigement. In no event shall the author be liable for any claim, damages of other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort of otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealing in the software.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Source Code WalkthroughSep 28, 2019
- Bug FixesSep 25, 2019
- First Update!Sep 22, 2019
- GAME RELEASE!Sep 20, 2019
- Game RELEASE DATE and Livestream!Sep 16, 2019
- Free Source Code of the Complete Game!Sep 15, 2019
- The GAME is DONE!Sep 13, 2019
- Making a game in C from scratch! Ep 22: [Game Polish, Config File Parsing]Sep 06, 2019